As Üsküdar University Psychological Counseling Unit, we try to help Üsküdar University members (active students and staff) mentally, emotionally, socially and academically.
In addition to these services, as a unit, we also provide preventive/protective, consultation and, if necessary, interventional counseling and guidance services for psychological problems.
- Counselling unit service is free.
- The unit works by appointment. You can arrange your appointment with your counsellor on a suitable day and determined time.
- Counselling takes 45-50 minutes on average.
- The usefulness of counselling depends on the consistent participation and cooperation of the person applying to the unit.
- In busy periods, the appointment process may take 2 weeks.
- Students who want to benefit from NP Group Psychiatry services at a discount should make an appointment with the Psychological Counselling Unit of Üsküdar University. If the referral process is deemed appropriate after the preliminary interview of our expert psychologists, our students will be able to benefit from the discounts we provide.
Making a First Appointment:
To get support, all you have to do is to take an online appointment from our webpage with your student ID and password.
In accordance with the confidentiality principle, the information of the applicants to our unit is carefully kept confidential in our unit.
However, in case the individual poses any risks of harming himself/herself or others, the necessary parties will be notified.
Our experts working in the unit are competent in their fields, they are professionals who attach importance to ethical priorities.
There is an understanding of providing equal counselling to those who apply to our unit, regardless of religion, language, race and gender.
- Be on time:
If you do not come to your appointment without informing the day before, it is considered that you have given up getting help from the unit and your turn will be given to the next ones.
SOME OF THE SUBJECTS THAT THE COUNSELING SERVICES CAN HELP THE STUDENTS WITH ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Challenges in adjusting to university and dormitory life,
- Exam anxiety
- Relationship difficulties
- Communication Problems and Social Phobia
- Stress management difficulties and Anger Problems
- Difficulties experienced in time management
- Family issues,
- Academic challenges (poor concentration, procrastination, lack of motivation etc.)
- Personal problems (indecisiveness, shyness, lack of self-esteem etc.)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Panic attack
Monday-Friday 8.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Psychological Counseling Unit
Uskudar University- Çarşı Yerleşke
1st Floor, Room 111